Hello again! Another author has been gracious enough to be my next victim…err…guest. Please welcome Keena Kincaid!
Author Keena Kincaid likes to say she writes romances in which passion, magic and treachery collide to create unforgettable stories. The truth is she’s usually kidnapped by tall, handsome men, who are totally into someone else, and held hostage until she helps them win the woman of their dreams.
Most recently, she’s matched Jane Grey, a risk analyst at NASA, with Andrew Morgan, a small town detective in the middle of taking down a corrupt sheriff. Jane is unable to see beyond her scarred past to a future with Andy, but he knows they will have something special—if he lives long enough to convince her to risk her heart.
1. Who was your first author crush and why? Oh, wow…this is sad but I really can’t remember the first. My first romance author crush was Julie Garwood. I found her book “The Secret” in an airport as I waited for a flight to London. I read it…and I think I bought three more of her books before the three week trip was over.
2. What was your first clue you were a writer? Was it a long journey or a short one? Have you always known? Writing is more like a shadow that accompanies me on the journey. It’s there regardless. I’ve always told stories (although Mom sometimes called them fibs) and I’ve been blessed to earn my living as a writer.
3. What are some of your writer-esque quirks (do you have to be in your pjs? always facing the door? Do people look at you after something funny happens and say ‘that’s going in a book, isn’t it?’)? I have to have background noise to really lose myself in the process. TV, music, coffeehouse chatter all work equally well.
4. Finish this joke: A clown, a priest and a writer all get onto an elevator…and I am so not good at being funny on demand. My mind immediately went to a zombie with a seeing eye dog standing in the back corner. Nothing good can come from that.
5. Speed round: Without giving it too much thought, pick which one you favour over the other:
Chocolate or flowers
Talk or Text
Mountains or Beach
Cowboy or Marine
Wine or Beer
Cats or Dogs
Ebooks or Paperbacks
Pantser or Plotter
Batman(more pathos) or Superman
Ability to fly or Power to be invisible
Prius or Hemmie
Follow the rules or Break the rules
TV or Movies
NY or LA
Vampires or Angels
Fall or Spring
Neat or Messy
Werewolf or Genie
Tell jokes or Pull pranks
Home cooked meals or Go out to a restaurant