For today’s Tuesday Talk, I am absolutely thrilled to have Tina Donahue! Here’s her bio in case you haven’t heard of her (and how did that happen?).
Tina Donahue is an award-winning, bestselling novelist in erotic, paranormal, contemporary and historical romance for Ellora’s Cave, Samhain Publishing and Kensington. Booklist, Publisher’s Weekly, Romantic Times and numerous online sites have praised her work; she has reached finals and/or placed in numerous RWA–sponsored contests. Three of her erotic novels were named finalists in the 2011 EPIC competition. Sensual Stranger, her erotic romance, was chosen Book of the Year 2010 (erotic category) at the French review site, Blue Moon reviews. The Golden Nib Award at Miz Love Loves Books was created specifically for her erotic romance Lush Velvet Nights; and Deep, Dark, Delicious (erotic romance) recently received an Award of Merit in the RWA Holt Medallion competition (2011). Tina is featured in the 2012 Novel & Short Story Writer’s Market. She was the editor of an award–winning Midwestern newspaper and worked in Story Direction for a Hollywood production company.
Thanks, Tina for being a guest! Without further ado…
1. Who was your first author crush and why? Charles Dickens. Read Great Expectations when I was in the fourth grade. Loved the way Dickens described the moors. Totally caught up in the story. Thought Dickens was a God.
2. What was your first clue you were a writer? Was it a long journey or a short one? Have you always known? I started writing so early I believe I always knew. When I was eight or nine I wrote my first book and illustrated it, then went around the neighborhood selling it to parents for some spare change. My first book tour!
3. What are some of your writer-esque quirks (do you have to be in your pjs? always facing the door? Do people look at you after something funny happens and say ‘that’s going in a book, isn’t it?’)? My only quirks are that I write daily except for Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. I write five pages a day no matter what.
4. Finish this joke: A clown, a priest and a writer all get onto an elevator…’going down?’ the priest asks suspiciously of the studly Alpha writer while the hot female Cirque du Soleil clown murmurs ‘we can only pray.’ J
5. Speed round: Without giving it too much thought, pick which one you favour over the other:
Chocolate or flowers
Talk or Text
Mountains or Beach
Cowboy or Marine
Wine or Beer
Cats or Dogs
Ebooks or Paperbacks
Pantser or Plotter
Batman or Superman
Ability to fly or Power to be invisible
Prius or Hemmie
Follow the rules or Break the rules
TV or Movies
NY or LA
Vampires or Angels
Fall or Spring
Neat or Messy
Werewolf or Genie
Tell jokes or Pull pranks
Home cooked meals or Go out to a restaurant
Further places to meet and greet Tina are: