I’m so excited to have Cynthia Woolf here today! Here’s a little bit of background, in case you didn’t know.
Cynthia Woolf writes sci-fi romance and historical western romance. Her books include the sci-fi Centauri series, CENTAURI DAWN, CENTAURI TWILIGHT, and CENTAURI MIDNIGHT and TAME A WILD HEART. She has a second historical coming out in April titled TAME THE WILD WIND.
She lives in Colorado in a small town north of Denver with her husband of many, many years, Jim.
1. Who was your first author crush and why?
I think it was Victoria Holt. I couldn’t get enough of her growing up. My mother was a librarian and I always got the books as soon as the library had them.
2. What was your first clue you were a writer? Was it a long journey or a short one? Have you always known?
I wrote my first story when I was about ten. It was about a little boy that I had a crush on. I still remember his name. David Williams. He and his family moved to North Carolina and I never saw him again. It’s been a long journey for me. I didn’t know I wanted to be a writer. I didn’t start writing for publication until 1990 and didn’t publish until 2011, so yeah, it’s been a long journey.
I didn’t always know that I would be a writer. For most of my life I was a tax accountant. It is a higher paying position than that of writer.
3. What are some of your writer-esque quirks (do you have to be in your pjs? always facing the door? Do people look at you after something funny happens and say ‘that’s going in a book, isn’t it?’)?
I don’t have any writer quirks. I don’t care what I wear, though I do get more done if I get dressed and don’t stay in my pj’s all day. For some reason, being in my pj’s makes me lazy.
4. Finish this joke: A clown, a priest and a writer all get onto an elevator…the clown tells a joke, the priest says a prayer and the writer makes notes for his next book.
5. Speed round: Without giving it too much thought, pick which one you favour over the other:
Chocolate or flowers
Talk or Text
Mountains or Beach
Cowboy or Marine
Wine or Beer
Cats or Dogs
Ebooks or Paperbacks
Pantser or Plotter
Batman or Superman
Ability to fly or Power to be invisible
Prius or Hemmie
Follow the rules or Break the rules
TV or Movies
NY or LA
Vampires or Angels
Fall or Spring
Neat or Messy
Werewolf or Genie
Tell jokes or Pull pranks
Home cooked meals or Go out to a restaurant