Today for Tuesday’s chat we have the fabulous Jenna Ives
Jenna Ives and has the typical problem that affects a lot of modern authors — multiple personality disorder. She writes for several publishers under a variety of names, but mostly the reason is to keep her poor mother (who used to read sweet Barbara Cartland romances) from having a heart attack over how sexy modern romances have become! And Jenna certainly DOES write sexy… Her latest release is Snow White And Her Seven Lovers. www.jennaives.com
1. Who was your first author crush and why?
Anne Rice. She wrote so sensuously about the vampire Lestat. Now my crish is Stephenie Meyer. Obviously I like vampires, even though I`ve never written a vampire story (yet)! There`s just something so dark and sexy about them.
2. What was your first clue you were a writer? Was it a long journey or a short one? Have you always known?
I’ve been writing since age eleven, and even before that I was telling stories to entertain my younger brothers and sister. And all of my career jobs have involved writing, so you could say I was born to it!
3. What are some of your writer-esque quirks (do you have to be in your pjs? always facing the door? Do people look at you after something funny happens and say ‘that’s going in a book, isn’t it?’)?
I can’t have anyone around when I write. I need absolute quiet, and big blocks of time to get in “the zone.” I also write best late at night. Being an author is a very anti-social profession!
4. Finish this joke: A clown, a priest and a writer all get onto an elevator… and the writer comes out with a lot of material for a future book!
5. Speed round: Without giving it too much thought, pick which one you favour over the other:
Chocolate or flowers
Talk or Text
Mountains or Beach
Cowboy or Marine
Wine or Beer
Cats or Dogs
Ebooks or Paperbacks
Pantser (totally!!) or Plotter
Batman or Superman
Ability to fly or Power to be invisible
Prius or Hemmie
Follow the rules or Break the rules
TV or Movies
NY or LA
Vampires or Angels
Fall or Spring
Neat or Messy
Werewolf or Genie
Tell jokes or Pull pranks
Home cooked meals or Go out to a restaurant
Thanks for coming over, Jenna!