I was tagged by Michelle Helliwell, a good friend of mine in the Romance Writers of Atlantic Canada. Thanks so much!
1) What is the working title of your next book?
My working title is Galway Girl: A Firefly Club novella
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
Are you ready for this? Glow-in-the-dark bracelets. I’m a teacher in my day job and I have a prize box. In the box was a bunch of these bracelets and I thought to myself ‘what if they gave these bracelets to you as you entered a club, but it was to identify certain types’.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
I don’t actually cast like that, but someone who would look like Wynn would be tall, muscular blonde. Maybe someone like…him and Leo would look something like him and Shea would look like her.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A shut-in computer geek gets talked into a girl’s night out at the new Firefly club, but will she be able to handle it when two of the club’s hottest patrons set their sights on her?
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Umm, hoping for my publisher to pick it up.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Mandy Roth and Marie Harte have a couple of stories that are in the same genre.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Again, the Glow-in-the-dark bracelets. And I was interested in exploring a trio of characters who have to face their fears and choose to be happy.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
It’s the first of a planned trilogy, each of the three friends gets their own story and the world is one that I’ve been working on for a while.